Friday, November 7, 2008

Meet the Executioner

First of all. I would like to say that Obama, the gloves are off. I was going to leave them on until my birthday. Even here, on the matter of the Fairness Doctrine, I was going to at least keep the boxing gloves on. But, then you decided to insult Nancy Reagen. I am sorry, but now, it is no holds barred.

Now, on to the Fairness Doctrine.

First, like I like to do for many of my posts, I want to tell you about the History of this matter. The man I am calling the Executioner (Not to be confused with Rahm Emanuel, who I have decided to call Steaknife due to an infamous moment in which he listed off Bill Clinton's enemies shortly after the Election and announced they where all dead while stabbing the podium with his Steaknife) was the head of the FCC until Reagen came into power.

When Reagen came into power, he announced that he was quitting because he viewed radio and the policy towards radio as a "Civil Rights Issue."

I couldn't agree with him more. But for different reasons. I believe that talk radio hosts have the Civil Liberty to discuss politics on the air as they see fit. It's called the Freedom of the Press, and it applies to Broadcast Media, whether it be Analog, Satellite, Cable. It doesn't matter. It is still the Press, and therefore is entitled to that freedom. On top of that, it is protected by the Freedom of Speech Clause.

But I digress. The Executioner is the man responsible for Conservative Talk Radio. It may sound odd that the man who seeks to kill it is the one responsible. But, it is because he stepped down in disgust that we have this medium.

And now, he views this as his chance to right a wrong.

Well, Executioner, I have news for you. The First Ammendment is designed to protect speech that people find offensive. There are obvious limits (screaming "Fire" in those powder kegs called Movie Theatres being a great example) but when it comes to political speech, dissent against the majority is protected.

What the Executioner is tryign to do is simple. He wants to Kill talk radio. And there can only be one reason. Because Talk Radio is by and large Conservative, and thus, is going to be an Opposition Force against Barack Obama, rallying Conservatives to try and block the iniatives of The One via petitions and rallyign political support for Mitch McConell and his allies in the Senate and House.

Make no mistake people, the Fairness Doctrine is a direct and flagrant violation of the First Ammendment, and needs to be defeated. The Liberals have Cable News and Newspapers. Let us Conservatives keep our Radio, the Union just might depend on it...

No comments: