Thursday, September 11, 2008

Answering the Star

My local paper has written a series of ten gotcha questions they would like to see asked of Sarah Palin in the interview tonight. Well, while I may not be the one being interviewed, but if I was her, this is how I would answer.

You can find the questions Here.

1. Yes, I did campaign in favor of the "Bridge to Nowhere" until I found out how much it was going to cost Alaska to fund it. If it had just been federal money, we might have don it, but it was going to cost too much to be justified. So, I nixed it when I found out more details, and kept the money for other projects that needed to be done across Alaska.
F: And let the government waste it again? I had roads I needed built, sewer systems that needed construction or replacement. Things that Federal Funds assist states with, which we needed to get done.

2. Largest per capita, wow. Well, yes, it was a lot of money, but it was money we needed for necessary projects. Public Transit, Sewage, etc. It was not wasted money spent on Earmarks, but rather Federal assistance to help keep taxes in Alaska down. They may have been added on as Earmarks, but they where standard requests for Federal assistance.
F: For health care, we need to reduce frivolous law suits that drive up costs for doctors, which they transfer over to you and me. We need to also stop raiding social security whenever we have paid out the minimum, and let people invest it themselves. Whether it is in their bank, in the stock market, gold, silver, whatever, the people can do a better job than the government. And if they don't want to invest themselves, we will have safe investments, like Oil, Manufacturing, etc. that they can have the government invest for them in. It will be safer, it will mean less money being taken from the tax payers, and it will mean that your return on your investment is up to you. Even better, it means that the Government can not waste that money. As for Defense, I think we should increase it if possible. I disagree with Obama about cuttign costs and not researching new technologies to defend our troops better and make wars shorter.

3. I am not stonewalling the Legislature. There was nothing improper on our side. That man tasered my nephew, threatened to kill my father, drove drunk in his car with an open bottle of beer and a gun. He is unfit for office, and when he was in service, his car patrol route took him along the street where those he threatened lived. That is why I wanted him fired, and when the Public Safety Comissioner refused to do so, I fired him as well and found someone who was willing to do his job.

4. It's not as overwhelming as you may think. There are mountains of evidence that show that the warmign is located almsot entirely int he big cities. The oceans, the atmosphere, the south pole, none of it is warmign signifigantly. In fact, Antactica is colder than durign the last interglacial. Look at the Solar System, Pluto, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Europa, all of them have shown signs of warming, until the recent sunspot minimum. Now, they, and the Earth are beginning to cool.
F: Nothing, because I have seen both sides of the debate, and quite frankly, I don't buy your side's line. None of it ever takes into account the wamrign going on outside of our own planet.

5. Let's cool that Environmentally Sensitive rhetoric. We are talkign abotu an area the size of LAX. If you where to shrink the entirety of ANWR to the size of a Football Field, then the area we want to drill in is the size of a postage stamp. Add in the evidence we have showing that the Trans-Alaska Pipeline has become the Caribou Singles Bar, and it shows that maybe, just maybe, activities there will help the evironment.
F: Of course I weant to overturn it. Polar Bears are up since we first started observing them. Their population has tripled in fact. There is no danger to them from humans, this was simply a way that organizations like Greepeace and ELF can stop development and put humans last.

6. Yes, I do. Most of those captured where done so in direct violation of the Geneva Convention. They could have been shot dead where they stood and legally, nothign would have been wrong. Instead, we captured them, took them over to Guantanamo, and placed them in camps where for many, the conditions where better than they had at home. Three square meals that is in direct compliance with their holy laws, their own Korans, which many of them proceeded to destroy and frame on guards. They don't deserve thsoe protections, and yet we treat them like they are eligible for Geneva Convention protections anyways.
F: Of course I am, that is always going to happen. But with the old system, it was possible for people to prove their innocence. Now, those we would detain are merely shot on sight. Now, innocent people are in even greater danger, because the troops don't want to have to fight people twelve times over.

7. Not comitting enough troops from the beginning, and not training them for an insurgency such as this. We could have won that war by now, but we where arrogant going in, and now, we have a war that is dragging out longer and longer than it should have.
F: I agree with John McCain. We need to win, and then once we have won, draw down our presence to a minimum and create a German, Japanese, or Korean stly presence with a small contingent there to assist the Iraqi army with security when they need it.

8. No, I would try to overturn Roe v.. Wade, but that is because I believe that it is a States Rights issue. I think that each state should be able to set it's own policy on that, and that the Federal Government has no right to decide issues of Abortion.
F: Teach about the consequence of premature sexual affairs in terms of Psychology, Scoiology, Physiology. These are things people don't ever talk about. We need to encourage them to wait until they are married or at least until they are through with schooling. One way we can do that is to encourage use of Natural Family Planning as opposed to Planned Parenthood.

9. Yes, many of John McCain's advisors are former Bush Advisors, but he chose them because he trusted them. When John voted with Bush on 95% I believe the charge is, he did so because he agreed with Bush on those issues, not out of party loyalty.
F: I would ask my people from Alaska to come south and help me out there, the same way they did in Anchorage and Wasilla.

10. My children are off limits. If you want to talk about a member of the family, then talk about one who has put themselves out there on the campaign trail.
F: No, I didn't, because I didn't think anyone would be that hateful as too attack my family and put private matters all over the country.

No comments: