Monday, November 12, 2007

District of Columbia v. Heller

Boy howdy, there is one doozy of a supreme court case coming down the pipe, and no one on either side of the issue is sure as to how the Justices will rule, after all, the issue hasn't been up to the court for almost 70 years.

If this ruling goes the way I fear it does, our first amendment rights, no to mention our rights to property, and security within our household are gone. If this case goes the way I fear it does, then the United States of America will turn into England, and I will be forced to secret away my "Self-Defense Mechanisms" or go for something a little more antiquated.

What the hell am I talking about?

Well, glad you asked, because the Supreme Court is hearing a case to determine whether or not we have a constitutional right to own and use firearms.

If they rule the way I fear they will, I will just have to resort to walking around with a bow and arrow when I turn 21, and not the Colt .45 Revolver I was planning on buying. Of course, I will probably have to get a different permit for that...

For those wondering why I fear a loss of Gun Ownership Rights, let me refer you to a post I made on Facebook a while ago.

In it, I talked about the situation England is currently facing. Following their banning of Legal Firearm usage, violent crimes skyrocketed.


Please, take this into consideration. After all, as crimes increase, disarming the populace is one of the stupidest things you can do. After all, it just makes them into victims.

No comments: